Runners Who Read

Who knew? A bunch of runners who enjoy reading and discussing what they read.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Testing... being able to post as yourself rather than the administrator

Okay, I'm not sure if this will work or not, but for those of you who already have a blogger account (or who would like one), I think blogger offers a feature to allow you to post as yourself rather than having to log in and post as Ed.

I logged in with the prearranged password via blogger as though I were going to post as RWR. I next selected the "Settings" tab, from there I selected the sub-tab of "members", and then I entered my email address to invite myself. It emailed me an invitation, which I accepted, and now theoretically I'm posting as me.

Is it working? If I've screwed anything up, let me know. I'm just too lazy to remember two sets of log in information.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Thank you Tracy!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Just a note: if you don't have a blogspot account and don't want one, just continue posting using the username and password I provided in our first e-mail -- same as it ever was. And if that's the case, be sure to sign your name at the end of your posts if you want us to know who you are.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Ed - I am seeing if this actually works. When I signed up they made me create a blog. Is that required? No problem if it is, but just curious.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Yay! Paula's here!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Yay indeed!

Paula, you didn't have to create a blog unless you wanted to have posts automatically signed as coming from you. But you don't have to actually keep the blog, so far as I know -- just creating one is enough.

For those of you who don't want to even create a blog, you can always sign your posts yourself at the end, if you want us to know who you are.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home