Runners Who Read

Who knew? A bunch of runners who enjoy reading and discussing what they read.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Yea!

Works for me. Your proposed guidelines sound quite good. Thank you for setting this up! I'm ready to read, too.

Personally, I'm right now reading a book entitled Snow, by Orhan Pamuk. It's much more interesting than I expected when I picked it up, being about a Turkish poet (expat living in Germany for the past few years) who returns to a small town in Turkey where the tension between the conservative religious movement and the push towards westernization is growing and causing veiled women to kill themselves as the town's political tension builds. It reads quite well, considering it's translated from Turkish. Very enjoyable.

That's my two cents until we choose a book for the club.
Tracy Musacchio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home