Runners Who Read

Who knew? A bunch of runners who enjoy reading and discussing what they read.

Friday, June 24, 2005

RWR Reader's Choice: We Have a Winner(s)!

Whoa! If voting for a book selection could ever be said to be exciting, this one definitely qualified. What looked like a sure thing just bolted out of the starting gate, but then started to fade a bit in the stretch ... and a real dark horse that didn't figure at all in the early voting slowly gained momentum until, in the final flurry of votes, it just beat the early leader by a nose. Nearly every book received at least one vote, and over 80% of you voted. Thank you!

Since the winner is so different from the runner-up, and since both books did so well in the voting, one will serve at the official RWR Reader's Choice -- and the other as a bonus/alternate selection should you have time and inclination, or should you find the Reader's Choice completely not your thing at all.

I shall reveal all when I return next Wednesday ... a tease, that's what I am. Happy weekend to everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

You are such a tease, indeed! Can't wait for the results!!

Len

7:25 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm dying over here! Not that I really care which book wins (in the sense that I would like to read all of them, not in the Oscar sense in which I really don't give a damn which movie wins). But the suspense is killing me!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home