Runners Who Read

Who knew? A bunch of runners who enjoy reading and discussing what they read.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Saul Bellow's birthday today

He died just a little over two months ago, and I think Nels may have mentioned his passing.

I haven't read much of Saul Bellow in a long time, but Henderson The Rain King was one of the first "adult" books I ever read that wasn't an assigned reading. Although I'm sure I didn't understand it all at the time, I do remember that it thoroughly entertained me and launched me into the world of the good stuff, and I'm very thankful for that.

So, thank you, Saul.

1 Comments:

Blogger mis_nomer said...

Hi, what an interesting website. The two hobbies that are consuming my life right now are running and reading. Just finished Henderson the Rain King actually. It was a great read.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home