Runners Who Read

Who knew? A bunch of runners who enjoy reading and discussing what they read.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Elephant

I have not yet picked up Lionel Shriver's We Need to Talk About Kevin. I should get to it in a week or two. However, I just finished watching Gus Van Sant's film "Elephant." I urge everyone to see it. I'm still trying to process what I saw, what it meant, and how it made me feel. It's truly a unique film. I suspect it could serve as a companion piece to Shriver's book. It left me drained.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nels Nelson said...

I've been trying to rent another Van Sant movie, Gerry, which I heard about on NPR when it had its theatrical release, but no luck finding it locally yet. Elephant, along with Gerry and one just released, I think, Last Days, is said to form a sort of trilogy.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Oh! I didn't know that! Thanks for the info. I think Van Sant is a fascinating screenwriter and director. Elephant continues to haunt me. I think it's time to view "What the Bleep Do I Know?" again and get my peptides realigned...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home