Runners Who Read

Who knew? A bunch of runners who enjoy reading and discussing what they read.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Upcoming readings

I turn into a massive groupie when it comes to authors -- probably more so with authors than with musicians or actors. So imagine my delight to discover that Franz and Kurt Wisner are doing a free reading/signing at the Philadelphia Free Library next month! And imagine my delight to discover that, two weeks after them, John Banville (the author of "The Sea," this year's Booker winner) is speaking! I was jumping up and down and squealing, unable to explain to anyone why I was so excited. I. can't. wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

We expect a report, you know.

7:48 AM  
Blogger michele said...

I am here too, but I am far too analytical, etc. to post comments with the likes of all of you incredibly insightful types.

The Human Stain is a great read, Nels - hope you enjoy it.

Nothing to add - just waiting for another good book. My neighborhood book club here has us reading Evidence of Things Unseen by Marjorie Wiggins. This group might like it - consider it.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jonas said...

Oh, Michele, puhleeze! Part of the value and fun of discussing books (art, music, theater, poetry, etc.) is that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and I enjoy looking at life through others' eyes. You analytical types see the world differently than goofs such as I. Post your comments! I can always do with a bit of analytical wisdom. Heaven knows, I don't have any.

Now, for a complete non-sequitor:

I just started reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. If the next 490 pages are as delightful and intriguing as the first 40, I'm in for a really big treat. I rarely fall in love with a book after reading a few early pages, but Eugenides grabbed me from the very start. I don't want him to let go.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home